The Wooley Artist in a Lilly Zoo

My Girls, our sheepies,chickens and their eggs, fiber, sometimes paint, homemade goodies and life on a small hobby farm called LillyZoo

Monday, July 21, 2008

We bought the farm...

heheh but we didn't kick the bucket!





Since seeing the waldorf community upstate, I knew where I wanted to be. Biodynamic farming, magical living, culture, good life... It is truely a magical place and the land has a very calming energy to it. So... I cast a "golden net" as my circle girls call it and made a list (literally) of what I wanted for my family. Knowing from experience that if it was meant to be it would happen. This is how I found the love of my life and the home we live in now. Be careful what you ask for...

We went for a little ride up to this area to see friends on my daughters birthday. While waiting to pick up my pal's children from the school, we unexpectedly met a realtor. She offered to take us to see some properties while the girls played and then showed us this very special old house with an amazing amount of property. She didn't know us, didn't know that day she would be showing this house to us but that is where the ball started rolling. We fell in love at first site.


The well jack worked no problem. The kids loved it!



All blackberries and grapes in that overgrown garden. I see tons of gardening in the future, with canning and eating of course. The Hubby sees new toys to fill this shed along with wool producing animal friends. I see a couple of rescue sheep and goats and definitely a chicken tractor happening out there. The neighbor has ducks which frequent the half acre pond at the back of the property with frogs and turtles and probably fish in it.



So maybe we have died and gone to heaven...


3 comments:

Kelly Light said...

Jen - I have nominated you for the Brilliante webblog award. A true artist doesn't just make art - they live it, that's what you do...so go and check out the rules on my blog.

Stephanie said...

Gasp.
Oh my goodness!!
It's so beautiful.
Congratulations.
"Cast the golden net" is a beautiful idea, by the way. I love those Circle girls of yours.

mommychick said...

Wow, this is giving me goosebumps because I'm at a place where we're looking to settle down in this area and buying a house. We've been here renting for almost a year, not knowing if we were going to like the east coast... Reading you blog makes me want to invest more time and effort in creating a real home here...because I do feel like we've been sort of just floating the last year... So LMK if you see a property with lots of land in your area! :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails