The Wooley Artist in a Lilly Zoo

My Girls, our sheepies,chickens and their eggs, fiber, sometimes paint, homemade goodies and life on a small hobby farm called LillyZoo

Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Waldorf Spring Music Festival

This past weekend I joined my pal Carrie of Temptress Yarn to sell our wares in at the Waldorf Music Festival up in Chestnut Ridge. The day was lovely, music fantastic, food better than most fairs and the sells were awful! However, I did have the chance to see the community in action and wished I had brought my husband and children along to see. The children in this community have no worries about being affected by Nature-Deficit Disorder.



There was a little roost at the edge of the forest where the children ran off into the woods. I saw sword fights and shoot outs. The fairy wing merchant had sold to both boys and girls alike. It was like being in Neverland.







It had rain and rain and rain and rain the day before the fest. There was black mud everywhwere... so all the kids took their shoes off.




Painted faces and tie-dyed fingers



The grass was a beautiful kelly green when we arrived in the morning but the black mud made its way up from beneath throughout the day.

Tom Chapin, Lucy Kaplansky, Mustard's Retreat, Which Way East and Bill Bindlestick played music all day along with a couple puppet shows by Grieder Family Players.





Our booth looks sparse I suppose but we had a lot of stuff. We needed a bright sign So we didn't look so much like a garage sale.



I thought these would be a hit but...








1 comment:

World Wide Alternative said...

Oh they are a hit!
With me anyway...
You're in "that" draw too...;)Xxx

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails