The Wooley Artist in a Lilly Zoo

My Girls, our sheepies,chickens and their eggs, fiber, sometimes paint, homemade goodies and life on a small hobby farm called LillyZoo

Saturday, April 18, 2009

Two heads are better than one

100th post!!!


Ahhh some creative juices flowing

So I put the creative mind to work and drew up a plan for my future garden a while back. I read somewhere that I should think big and start small, so that is what I did. I also followed the ideas of Joan Gussow whom I met at her 80th birthday party.

There is no way that I can plant all of these beds for the summer but if I did it would be a miracle. Don't be fooled what you see in this pic is just the beginnings of beds covered by mulch and not yet tilled.




Opportunity:

Once again we have been very lucky to have what we need given, salvaged or loaned to us. Our neighbor has a tractor which Ant took full opportunity of. The neighbor had never even used the hole auger and instead of breaking his back digging the holes for the posts Anthony was lucky enough to drill them out himself.
























Handy with a chainsaw


As you can see in this pic the hubby set the post which were salvaged branches and poles from two great yews we had up against the house (which created nice little chipmunk highways right into our attic). We saved material as much as possible. He built the gate frame from chainsawed poles and mortise and tended the joint. I screwed the deer netting up to the very uneven posts. We ran out of fence half way around. Ugg







Protein and an apple break with the girls.











Men and their Toys!!!




Then we laid out the garden and put all of my big-as-your-thumb blackberries with the raspberries from the Tulip house along the north fence line and said "What next?"



So is it me or do guys just like to play with big toys I couldn't get him off the thing!









Out comes the tractor again!

So while he was drivin his new found love all over the property (to the mulch heap and back) I staked some mason lines and plotted future beds and paths. The hubby bucket unloaded mulch on all the proposed beds. Team work!












End of the day and my love is obviously tired and delirious:

Thankfully the temps hit 70 something today. This time it was the girls asking for a little treat. Popsicles! yum! Daddy got freshly squeezed lemonade. While we sat admiring the new garden he tried to convince me that XXGs was worth the tractor (as if we should get one.) My reply.... "It ain't no sailboat sweetie." If I was to spend XXGs it would be on a nicer sailboat...I love sailing and so does he. Life can't be all work.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails