The Wooley Artist in a Lilly Zoo

My Girls, our sheepies,chickens and their eggs, fiber, sometimes paint, homemade goodies and life on a small hobby farm called LillyZoo

Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Making gifts and keeping the hands busy


Z wanted to start knitting and at the age of 4 needles are not an option so of course we started with 4 finger knitting. She picked it up right away and has started making scarves as gifts for her friends.













To begin the Advent we made our own advent calendar with materials we had on hand. The girls decorated and glue. Z helped me hang the garland.
I will fill each pocket with a little note offering:
stories- poems- announcement of evening's activity: games, making cookies, game night, calling Great Grandma, riddles, stories and jokes for the season, hot chocolate and finally, yes, the more commercial stuff like chocolate, small presents (toothbrushes and stuff)

1 comment:

choo choo knits said...

I love this whole post! Finger knitting will be on my list for Casey in the next year I'm sure! And the Advent idea - well, you're so clever! Happy Holidays!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails