The Wooley Artist in a Lilly Zoo

My Girls, our sheepies,chickens and their eggs, fiber, sometimes paint, homemade goodies and life on a small hobby farm called LillyZoo

Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Round two of Maple Sugaring

Collecting sticks and salvaging wood in the yard









Round two of Maple Sugaring. The temps were wonderful outside this past weekend and we put housework on hold to play outside. Cooking the sugar in the house was starting to become too much and we tapped 3 more trees so we moved the operation outside. So far we have 2 and a half large mason jars of Dark Amber maple syrup. We also consummed a cup of warmed syrup on Sunday morning and I sent some home with my husbands parents.


















The girls and I made a fairy house to rent.









3 comments:

Stephanie said...

That is so cool!
I would be thrilled over making my own syrup!
And the fairy house for rent is a brilliant idea. :)
A lovely weekend!!

Val S. said...

I Love your Life!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

themagiconions said...

Too sweet... we made one today. Had SUCH fun!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails