The Wooley Artist in a Lilly Zoo

My Girls, our sheepies,chickens and their eggs, fiber, sometimes paint, homemade goodies and life on a small hobby farm called LillyZoo

Monday, April 28, 2008

Daisy Dog!




We have a new girl in the house! (yes my poor hubby is even more the minority in this house)...Her name is Daisy and she is a sweet little 1 year old pit mix, but don't judge this book by the cover or you'd consider her pit traits to be what... untrustworthy and frightening. She is quite the opposite. Honestly when my generous brother in-law and sister in-law and their animal loving children foster another pit mix or horse of a dog I am weary of going over to their house with my toddlers (I worked pretty hard to make them so I am a little protective), but the second Anthony and I met this girl on Saturday night, she was the universe's answer to my request for new doggie addition to our home. I knew she would work out beautifully in our home. Our Norman girl is getting up in years (13 years) and seems to be slowing down a bit so I began feeling the need to find a new dog to liven her up a bit. Norman always kept my ol Rowdy dog going strong until his doggie alsheimers took over him and we had to put him down 2 years ago. So now its Normans turn for some puppy rejuvenation.






Me and Rowdy dog in July 01
So Miss. Daisy is a beautiful brindle colored 30lb terrier mix and amazingly has alot of the same physical traits as our beloved Rowdy who was an Austrailian Kelpie. Her personality is completely different. She is meek and timid and very sweet (she thinks she is a lap do like Rowdy did), not destructive or ill-mannered. She is house broken and very light on her feet.




As for Ms. Norman, I have seen her tail wagging (which was becoming a rarity and showing an interest in Daisy's toys). She is also helping little Daisy adjust to us big humans which frighten her a bit. Norman has always done well to be the boss even when Rowdy was around so she is taking care of Daisy and showing her the ropes. Daisy has no problem with my babes and is very gentle with them. I am so pleased, I don't think I can express it in a blog!

2 comments:

World Wide Alternative said...

Awwwwwww, doggy lurve...Xxx

temptressyarn said...

Daisy is adorable in pics but even cuter when hiding under the table sniffing and barking at the kids...heh, heh.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails